Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pam Pot

This morning I heard my roommate spray something in the kitchen, which can only possibly mean one thing: Pam. The two frying pans (egg-sized and normal-sized) and pot belong to me, so I hurried to see what she was doing. She had sprayed Pam into the pot and was rubbing it around with her finger. I asked what she was doing, and she explained she was going to boil water for noodles and she didn't want them to stick.

This sounds kind of dumb, but you can almost make sense of it when you realize that my pot had a non-stick surface before some ignorant person I live with scraped up the bottom of the pot by stirring it with a fork or similar metal instrument. So now things can stick to it and it cooks unevenly as more heat comes up through the uncovered, un-non-sticked patch.

But it wasn't a good plan, especially if you still intended to cook with the pot. Not unless you want Pam-flavored pasta. I told her to use the pot like nothing was wrong with it, even though it's kind of ruined. One of these days I'll buy a new pot and frying pan (probably the same ignorant person warped it by putting it under cold water while it was still hot) and not let anyone else use them. I'm just irritated that the ones I had lasted two full years with my old roommates and were ruined in under two months by my current ones.

1 comment: